Boiler UtilityNeoDyne offer boiler house automation optimised for high availability and high reliability utility grade service with normally unmanned boilerhouse. This solution originated to address shortcomings in the performance of commercially available boiler controls.
- Unacceptable level of spurious burner control lockouts for normally unmanned plant. This problem tended to manifest at weekends, when low loads resulted in cyclic burner on/off operation, a time which is least acceptable for callouts.
- Long term durability issues on CHP (Combined Heat and Power) boiler controls operating base loaded at full rating load for over 95% of time.
- Improved boiler drum water level control to effectively eliminate all water trips.
- Improved tolerance to step reductions in steam demand, which typically resulted in Excess Steam Pressure boiler lockouts.
- Boiler and burner controls for special applications e.g. for hazardous areas with ATEX compliant equipment.
- Inadequate diagnostics. Maintainability when compared to modern PLC based automation. Providing designs that conform to emerging Safety Practice including IEC-61508.
- Elimination of components that generated a large proportion of failures e.g. transmitters replacing electromechanical switches.
- Failure mode analysis removing SPF’s and creating a resilient architecture.
- Power dip ride-through tolerance added.
- More robust igniters fitted to completely eliminate fail to light events.
- Improved water level controls using control strategies typically used on much larger boilers and selected to match the boiler shell or water-tube dynamic characteristics.
- Reliable Safety Integrated PLC automation tailored to the site and customer’s process needs.
- Efficiency / Environmental – high quality fuel/air ratio control.
- Boiler Sequencing to optimize energy conversion efficient using the most efficient units running within optimum operating ranges.
- Comprehensive SCADA supervision enabling complete fault diagnosis.